- 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 2teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground cloves
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 11/4 cups light brown sugar
- 11/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line it with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars, using an electric mixer, until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool completely in the pan, then cut into 32 bars (8 rows by 4 rows).