Ginger Chicken With Cucumber-Spinach Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, half the ginger, the juice from the lime, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Toss to combine well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, add the remaining ginger, juiced lime halves, and an inch of water. Place a large steamer basket (or colander) in pan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in the steamer in a single layer. Steam until cooked through, about 5 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Add the spinach, cucumber, red onion, and chili pepper. Toss well. Serve over the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 261
- Calcium 46mg
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Cholesterol 78mg
- Fat 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 30mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 670mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .