- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 English cucumber, half coarsely chopped and half finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- country bread, for serving
- In a blender, working in batches, puree the tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and coarsely chopped cucumber. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the oil, vinegar, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Refrigerate at least ½ hour and up to 1 day.
- Top the gazpacho with the parsley and finely chopped cucumber. Drizzle with additional oil and serve with the bread.