Serves 9| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter and warm the garlic cloves. Do not brown.
- Roll and stretch the dough into a 10-by-12-inch rectangle. With wet fingertips, moisten a 1/2-inch border all around.
- Spread the butter and garlic over the remaining surface. Starting at a long edge, roll the dough like a carpet. Pinch the seam to seal. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 1/4-inch-wide pieces.
- Lay the pieces flat in buttered muffin cups. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Glaze with 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 152
- Fat 4g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Sodium 369mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1.5mg
- Calcium 5.5mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.