- 1 pound sugar snap peas (2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped, or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat a large saucepan of water to boiling. Add the snap peas and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under running cold water.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook the garlic in the oil until golden. Remove and discard the garlic. Add the sugar snap peas and fresh or thawed peas and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the mint, sugar, and salt.