- 4tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 14- to 16-ounce baguette, split lengthwise
- Heat oven to 375° F. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, garlic, parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Dividing evenly, spread the baguette halves with the garlic butter. On a rimmed baking sheet, bake, cut-side up, until lightly toasted, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into pieces before serving.