Blondies With Dried Fruit and Candied Ginger
Makes 16| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for the pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried fruit (such as cherries, apricots, figs, or raisins), chopped if large
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- Heat oven to 350° F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line the pan with a piece of parchment, leaving an overhang on 2 sides; butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the dried fruit and candied ginger.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan. Holding the paper overhang, lift out the blondies. Cut into 16 squares.
- Per Serving
- Calories 295
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 58mg
- Sodium 117mg
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 42g
- Sugar 25g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 42mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
These blondies can be stored at room temperature between sheets of wax paper or parchment paper in an airtight container for about 5 days.