Frisée With Warm Shallot Vinaigrette
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large shallots, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 large heads frisée, torn into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and ½ teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until softened, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the vinegar, sugar, the remaining ⅓ cup of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 minute.
- In a large bowl, combine the frisée and warm vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Per Serving
- Calories 128
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 251mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 26mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The frisée can be washed and dried up to 2 days in advance; refrigerate, wrapped in a damp paper towel. The vinaigrette can be made up to 1 day in advance; refrigerate, covered. Reheat the vinaigrette before using.