- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/3 pound sliced bacon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound frisee, curly endive, or chicory
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Toast the nuts in a large, dry skillet over low heat, stirring frequently, until golden, about 5 minutes. Remove the nuts.
- Cut the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and add to the skillet. Cook over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Whisk the oil, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Tear the frisée into small pieces and place in a serving bowl. Add the bacon, nuts, and goat cheese. Toss the salad with the dressing.