Chicken Salad With Corn and Lima Beans
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 ears fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups lima beans, thawed if frozen
- 2 bunches watercress, stems removed
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat sliced
- Whisk together the mustard, vinegar, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, boil 1 cup water. Cook the corn until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the corn with the red pepper, celery, and lima beans. Toss with half the vinaigrette.
- Toss the watercress with the remaining vinaigrette. Divide it among 6 large bowls.
- Just before serving, spoon some of the vegetable mixture over each salad and top with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 295
- Calcium 73mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Fat 19g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 10mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 1401mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Can’t find fresh corn? You can also use frozen—just thaw it first.