- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound total), pounded 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 large biscuits, split
- mayonnaise, baby arugula, pickles, and hot sauce, for serving
- Combine the chicken and buttermilk in a large resealable plastic bag. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Spread the panko on a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and wipe off the excess. Season with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then dredge in the panko to coat.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Turn the chicken, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and cook until crisp and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Cut into 8 pieces.
- Spread the cut sides of the biscuits with mayonnaise. Sandwich with the chicken, arugula, pickles, and hot sauce.