Fresh Strawberry Filling
Makes 1 2/3 cups| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved (about 2 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- pinch kosher salt
- In a food processor, combine the strawberries, jam, and salt. Pulse 10 to 12 times, just until the strawberries are coarsely chopped (about the consistency of relish). Refrigerate until ready to use, up to 6 hours.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories 28Calories From Fat 1
- Fat 0g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 10mg
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 6mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Using this as a cake filling? After spreading the strawberries on the bottom cake layer, place the second layer on top and press gently. Step back and check that the cake is level and centered, then chill for 30 minutes before frosting.