- 4 slices ciabatta bread or 2 sturdy sandwich rolls, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 small beets, cooked and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Drizzle 2 slices of ciabatta (or 2 split rolls) with olive oil and vinegar. Layer on the beets, mozzarella, and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Sandwich with the remaining slices and press down gently but firmly.
- Wrap sandwiches tightly with plastic film or wax paper if you are packing them, or serve immediately.