Fresh-Herb Salmon With Jasmine Rice
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- Heat broiler. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, chives, dill, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Coat the salmon fillets with the oil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Broil 10 to 12 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and mix in the ginger and scallions. Top each salmon fillet with the herb mixture and serve with the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 627
- Calcium 61mg
- Carbohydrate 52g
- Cholesterol 112mg
- Fat 26g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 43mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 1427mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Jasmine rice is a long-grain white rice with an appetizing aroma of roasted nuts and popcorn. White basmati rice is a good substitute.