- 2 1/2cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 3tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and 1 cup of the sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs, corn syrup, and grated ginger and mix until well combined. Blend in the flour mixture, cover, and refrigerate until slightly stiff (the dough will be easier to handle).
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and the remaining sugar. Form the dough into 1/2-inch balls and roll each in the cinnamon sugar. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets and bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.