Fresh Corn With Shrimp and Cherry Tomatoes
Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups corn kernels, cut from 6 medium ears
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cups cherry tomato halves (or 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced)
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add corn and cook, covered, 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and cook just until shrimp turns pink, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Allow to cool slightly.
- Whisk together remaining tablespoon of oil with lemon juice and vinegar; and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over corn and shrimp and toss with tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro leaves. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Per Serving
- Calories 244
- Calcium 38mg
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Cholesterol 96mg
- Fat 10g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Protein 15mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 135mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Order the shrimp ahead of time and ask your fish dealer to peel and devein it for you―it's usually free or only costs a fraction more.