- 1 large egg
- 1/2cup low-fat milk
- 1/4teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 thick slices whole-wheat bread
- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2tablespoons maple syrup
- 2tablespoons raspberry jam
- confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and cinnamon. Dip the bread in the egg mixture; turn to coat.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, then cook the bread until golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the maple syrup and raspberry jam.
- Dust the bread with the sugar. Dividing evenly, top with the syrup-jam mixture.