French Onion Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 14-ounce cans beef broth
- 3/4 cup canned French-fried onions
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 4 slices stale French bread
- 4 1-ounce slices Swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 400° F. Arrange four 10-ounce oven-safe soup bowls on a baking sheet.
- Divide the broth and onions among bowls. Add 1 tablespoon of sherry to each. Float a slice of bread in each bowl and top with a slice of cheese.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the soup is bubbling.
- Per Serving
- Calories 305
- Calcium 273mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Cholesterol 26mg
- Fat 16g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Protein 15mg
- Sat Fat 7g
- Sodium 1288mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the soup with butter lettuce tossed with toasted sliced almonds, dried cherries, olive oil, and white wine vinegar.