Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 cups frozen shoe-string French fries
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 14-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no trace of pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon off any excess fat. Add the marinara sauce and cook until warmed through.
- Transfer to an 8-by-11-inch or 8-inch square baking dish. Top with the fries. If desired, return to oven for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Per Serving
- Calories 593Calories From Fat 45%
- Calcium 38mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Cholesterol 137mg
- Fat 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Protein 43mg
- Sat Fat 10g
- Sodium 586mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the pie with arugula tossed with lemon juice and olive oil.