- 4 cups frozen shoe-string French fries
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 14-ounce jar marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until no trace of pink remains, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon off any excess fat. Add the marinara sauce and cook until warmed through.
- Transfer to an 8-by-11-inch or 8-inch square baking dish. Top with the fries. If desired, return to oven for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.