- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 store-bought refrigerated piecrust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Gruyere
- 1/4 cup black olives (about 14), pitted, rinsed, and roughly chopped
- 4 ounces broccoli florets or asparagus (cut into 2-inch pieces), steamed
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) cooked ham, diced
- Heat oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, salt, and pepper.
- Prick the bottom of the piecrust several times with a fork. Sprinkle with the Gruyère. Distribute the olives, broccoli or asparagus, and ham into 4 quadrants according to the preferences of each family member. (Or simply place all the ingredients together on the crust.) Pour the egg mixture into the piecrust.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F and bake for 30 minutes more. Transfer to a rack to cool for 15 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
- Instead of store-bought piecrust, try this flaky and delicious Pastry Dough.
- Per Serving
- Calories 568
- Fat 42g
- Sat Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 228mg
- Sodium 1465mg
- Protein 21g
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 376mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .