- 3/4pound green beans, trimmed
- 3/4pound yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2cups frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Steam the green, wax, and lima beans 10 minutes, or just until crisp-tender. Plunge into cold water and drain. Place in a bowl with chickpeas and onions.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard, and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over the beans and onions and toss to coat. Salad can be served at room temperature or chilled.