- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/2cup fruity white wine, such as Gewurztraminer
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1pound Jarlsberg or Emmental, grated (8 cups)
- 1pound Italian Fontina, grated (8 cups)
- 1pound sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1pound boiled small red potatoes
- Rub the inside of a medium saucepan with the garlic clove; discard.
- Add the wine, lemon juice, and mustard and whisk. Heat to simmering over medium heat. Add the cheese, 1 cup at a time, and stir with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Pour into a fondue pot, or set the saucepan on a trivet. Serve immediately with the bread and potatoes.