Fluffy Baked Mashed Potatoes
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 5 medium), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup whole milk, at room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces, plus more for the baking dish
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Heat oven to 400° F. Fill a large pot with the potatoes and 1 inch of water. Bring to a simmer, cover, and steam until very tender, 18 to 22 minutes. Strain and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, 2 teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash until smooth. Fold in the eggs; transfer to a buttered 8-by-8-inch or other 2-quart baking dish. Bake until set and golden, 25 to 30 minutes (or 40 minutes if refrigerated before baking).
- Per Serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 174mg
- Sodium 755mg
- Protein 8g
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 86mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .