freshly ground black pepper
corn kernels, fresh (from 1 ear)
goat cheese, crumbled
fresh chives, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, salt, pepper, and corn.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whites into the yolk mixture until no trace of white remains.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the egg mixture and cook, without stirring, until the eggs begin to set but are still slightly runny in the center, about 1 minute.
- Draw the eggs from the edge of the skillet to the center and cook until almost set.
- Sprinkle half the eggs with ¾ of the cheese and ¾ of the chives. Using a spatula, fold the omelet over, forming a half-moon. Cook until set.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and chives over half the folded omelet. Fold it again, forming a triangle; slide it onto a plate. Serve immediately.