Makes 48 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- In a food processor, process the almonds and sugar until finely ground.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond mixture with the butter, corn syrup, cream, vanilla, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the flour; transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Roll level teaspoons of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart. With damp fingertips, gently flatten the balls to a ¼-inch thickness. One baking sheet at a time, bake until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes; cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread the underside of each cookie with the chocolate. Place, chocolate side-down, on parchment-lined baking sheets and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 5 to 10 minutes. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 46Calories From Fat 30
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 6mg
- Protein 1g
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 6mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .