- 1cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/2cup sugar
- 4tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- 2teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 4ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
- In a food processor, process the almonds and sugar until finely ground.
- In a small saucepan, combine the almond mixture with the butter, corn syrup, cream, vanilla, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the flour; transfer the mixture to a bowl and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Roll level teaspoons of the dough into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart. With damp fingertips, gently flatten the balls to a ¼-inch thickness. One baking sheet at a time, bake until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes; cool for 1 minute on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread the underside of each cookie with the chocolate. Place, chocolate side-down, on parchment-lined baking sheets and refrigerate until the chocolate is set, about 5 to 10 minutes. Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.