- 1/3cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2tablespoons honey
- 1/4teaspoon five-spice powder
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 2 plums, pitted and quartered
- 12 scallions, ends trimmed
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, five-spice powder, and ¼ teaspoon pepper for the sauce.
- Season the chops with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Using a brush, baste the chops with the sauce and grill until cooked through, about 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, toss the plums and scallions in the oil. Grill the plums for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Grill the scallions for 2 minutes.
- Divide the chops among individual plates and serve with the plums and scallions. Drizzle with the extra sauce.