- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste; optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a food processor, puree the chickpeas and garlic with the olive oil, lemon juice, tahini (if using), cumin, and ¾ teaspoon salt until smooth and creamy. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water as necessary to achieve the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika before serving.