- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1tablespoon tomato paste
- 1cup beer
- 4cups chicken broth
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 6-ounce hallibut fillets, cut into chunks
- 12 mussels
- 12 fresh or thawed frozen shrimp, peeled
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a stockpot, sauté the shallot and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add ½ teaspoon salt and the tomato paste. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beer and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato, fish, mussels, and shrimp and simmer, covered, until the fish is opaque throughout and the mussels have opened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley.