Fish Tacos With Green Apple Guacamole
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 6-ounce skinless cod fillets
- 8 soft corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 bunch arugula, washed, dried, and chopped
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine the avocado, apple, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Season the cod with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and heat in oven until warm and slightly softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the cod, ginger, and remaining lime juice. Divide the fish, arugula, and guacamole among the tortillas.
- Per Serving
- Calories 360Calories From Fat 115
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 48mg
- Sodium 595mg
- Protein 26g
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 9g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 176mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This surprising guacamole goes well with any kind of taco. Or eat it as a snack with tortilla chips.