- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3(14-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2cups dry white wine
- 1cup water
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 2(14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1pound frozen scallops
- 1pound frozen peeled medium shrimp
- 1(10-ounce) can whole baby clams
- Warm the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, celery and, jalapeño and cook until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, wine, water, potatoes, thyme, and salt. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and return to a boil. Stir in the scallops, shrimp, and clams. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, just until the scallops and shrimp turn opaque, about 7 minutes.