Fish Cakes With Chipotle Cream
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt
- 3 slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lime juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated zest
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 canned chipotle chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oven to 450° F. Place the cod on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the chili powder, oregano, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Bake the cod until opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool. Flake into small pieces with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, process the bread until fine crumbs form. Pour onto a sheet of wax paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, egg, and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice. Add the flaked cod, celery, and ¼ teaspoon salt and com-bine. Tightly pack the mixture into 8 patties. Gently place each patty in the bread crumbs and turn to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Place 4 fish cakes in the skillet and cook until the crumbs are golden brown, about 5 minutes per side (turn carefully). Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining fish cakes, adding more oil as necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, chipotle, remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, zest, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve with the fish cakes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 407Calories From Fat 250
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 124mg
- Sodium 675mg
- Protein 32g
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 66mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the fish cakes with 1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green bell pepper and 1/2 onion, thinly sliced and sautéed in olive oil and garlic.