Fettuccine With Lima Beans, Peas, and Leeks
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 12 ounces fettuccine (3/4 box)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen lima beans (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into half-moons
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the beans and peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the leeks, stirring occasionally, until tender (but not brown), 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and cook until slightly thickened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the pasta and tarragon to the skillet and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the cheese before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 684
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 317mg
- Protein 22g
- Carbohydrate 90g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 9g
- Iron 6mg
- Calcium 202mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Save some of the water that your pasta has been cooked in. Add a bit to the pasta if it seems dry after it’s been tossed with sauce.