Fettuccine With Sausage and Cabbage
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Wipe out the skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add the cabbage, shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer until the cabbage is tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cabbage mixture to the pasta, along with the sausage and chives, and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 464Calories From Fat 175
- Fat 20g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 26mg
- Sodium 822mg
- Protein 20g
- Carbohydrate 54g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 59mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .