- 12 ounces ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 bunches rainbow or red and green Swiss chard, stems and leaves separated and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and cook until they begin to break down and release their juices, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chard stems and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the chard leaves, cannellini beans, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the red pepper and cook, stirring, until the chard leaves are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide the cooked pasta among individual bowls and top with the chard mixture and Parmesan.