- 12ounces fettuccine (3/4 box)
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6 shallots, sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2cup grated pecorino or Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 1/2cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4cup fresh mint, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, adding the peas during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain, and return the pasta and peas to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Toss the pasta and peas with the shallots, ¼ cup of the cheese, and the reserved cooking water.
- Fold in the parsley and mint. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and serve.