- 12ounces fettuccine (3⁄4 box)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts), cut into thin half-moons
- 4cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup corn kernels (from 1 to 2 ears, or frozen)
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 3/4cup heavy cream
- 2cups baby arugula (1 1⁄2 ounces)
- 1/4cup grated pecorino (1 ounce)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the leeks, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the corn and wine. Simmer until the corn is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the cream.
- Add the pasta, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and toss to combine. Fold in the arugula. Sprinkle with the pecorino before serving.