Fettuccine With Artichokes and Beans
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, artichokes, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add the oregano and the remaining teaspoon of oil and pulse until just combined.
- Toss the pasta with the artichoke mixture and reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Per Serving
- Calories 534Calories From Fat 27%
- Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Carbohydrate 81g
- Sodium 879mg
- Protein 17g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 4g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Rinsing canned beans before using them lowers their sodium content and washes away the mealy liquid that can affect the flavor of the dish.