- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1/4 cup, plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 13.75-ounce can artichoke hearts
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 slice white bread
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat ¼ cup of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the beans, artichokes, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Add the oregano and the remaining teaspoon of oil and pulse until just combined.
- Toss the pasta with the artichoke mixture and reserved pasta water. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs.