- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1 pound Italian sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 pitted green olives (about 1/2 cup)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Soak 8 skewers in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss the sausage, fennel, bell pepper, olives, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper in a medium bowl. Thread onto the skewers and grill, turning occasionally, until the sausage is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.