Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Using a knife or food processor, shred the cabbage and carrots.
- Trim the top of the fennel and reserve 1/4 cup of the leafy sprigs. Finely shred the fennel bulb.
- Grate the zest from the orange and then squeeze the orange to extract the juice.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the fennel sprigs, and toss to mix well. Let marinate 30 minutes before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 46Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 54mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 1mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 433mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.