- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package refrigerated pizza dough (about 1 pound)
- flour for the work surface
- 1 16-ounce can refried beans
- 1 1-pint container fresh salsa
- 1 8-ounce package shredded Cheddar
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread 1 teaspoon of the oil on a baking sheet. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each into an 8-inch round on a lightly floured surface.
- On half of each round, spread some of the beans, then top with 1½ tablespoons of the salsa and 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Fold over the other half of each round, covering the filling, and press the curved edge with your thumb to seal. Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil, then transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired. (Perfect complement: the salad of avocado, red onion, cilantro, and lime juice pictured here.)