Eggplant Pasta Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pound dried penne
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the celery and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the eggplant and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato paste, vinegar, ¼ cup water, 2 ½ teaspoons salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and the sugar. Stir into the eggplant mixture.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the capers, pine nuts (if desired), and parsley.
- Meanwhile, cook the penne according to the package directions. Toss with the remaining oil; let cool. Combine with the eggplant mixture and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 417Calories From Fat 22%
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 143mg
- Carbohydrate 70g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 13g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .