- 2slices whole-wheat bread
- 2tablespoons butter, softened
- 2large eggs
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1cup berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries)
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 2tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Spread the top of each slice of bread with ¼ tablespoon each of the butter. Using a round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut a 2½- to 3-inch hole in the center of each slice of bread, reserving the cutout pieces.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Place the bread and the cutouts, buttered-side up, in the skillet. Crack 1 egg into each hole. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook until the underside of the bread is golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Flip and cook the egg to desired doneness, 1 to 2 minutes for a runny yolk.
- Divide the berries and yogurt between two bowls and sprinkle with the almonds (if using). Serve with the eggs.