Easy Shrimp Bisque
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium or large shrimp, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 14.5-ounce can tomato soup
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Season shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to plate. [need timer]
- Add the brandy to the pan, then the tomato soup and the heavy cream, and simmer until heated through and slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. [need timer]
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the shrimp and the chives.
- Per Serving
- Calories 511Calories From Fat 241
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 16g
- Cholesterol 261mg
- Sodium 1,627mg
- Protein 28g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 20g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 100mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve with greens tossed with mixed herbs (parsley, dill, tarragon, basil, chives), olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.