- 1tablespoon butter
- 1pound peeled and deveined medium or large shrimp, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoons brandy
- 2 14.5-ounce can tomato soup
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Season shrimp with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to plate. [need timer]
- Add the brandy to the pan, then the tomato soup and the heavy cream, and simmer until heated through and slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes. [need timer]
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the shrimp and the chives.