Easy Ice Cream Cake
Serves 6 to 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped
- Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper and serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 440Calories From Fat 53%
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 15g
- Cholesterol 64mg
- Sodium 155mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 31g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Upgrade this kid-friendly treat with chopped candy bars in place of the chocolate chips. Try 2 bars of Heath, Snickers, Butterfinger, or Nestlé Crunch.