- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 ice cream sandwiches (3.5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, chopped
- Line an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with a piece of wax paper or parchment, allowing the paper to hang over both long sides.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In the bottom of the pan, arrange 3 of the sandwiches in a single layer, cutting them to fit as necessary. Spread with half the whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches and whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the top of the cake with the chopped chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour and up to 1 week.
- Holding both sides of the paper overhang, lift the cake out of the pan and transfer to a platter. Discard the paper and serve.