Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno (seeded for less heat, if desired), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, jalapeño, cilantro, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Using the back of a fork, mash the vegetables until they begin to release their juices.
- Add the avocados and lime juice and stir to combine.
This recipe makes 2 cups.
- Per Serving
- Calories 135Calories From Fat 76%
- Protein 3g
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 3g
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Calcium 6mg
- Iron 1mg
- Sodium 361mg
- Cholesterol 0mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .